The company was founded in 1992 in order to provide the cutting edge solutions in the sphere of Air Traffic Control. The founders have been working in the ATC area for more than twenty years, taking part in developing and manufacturing of the following ATC components:
- APOI PRIOR radar data processing system;
- PRIOR-IF radar IF signal processing system;
- ARMSI PRIOR equipment for displaying and analysis of radar data;
- ATM systems;
- Digital multi-channel recording system;
- Megaphone digital voice communication system;
- Various types of radar data transmission equipment.
There are over 150 airports and ATC centres in different countries equipped with the systems supplied by NRPL Group.
NRPL Group supplied to Lithuania, Kazakhstan and Russia 10 of its state-of-the-art Fully Solid-State Primary Surveillance Radars.
The geography of RDPS installations is extremely diverse and extensive:
- from Southern regions (Kazakhstan, Northern Caucasus, Transcaucasia) to Extreme north (Murmansk, peninsula Taymir, Yakutia);
- from Far East (Vladivostok, Magadan, island of Sakhalin) to St.Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Kaunas ;
- there are 16 time zones between the most distant objects (Anadyr, Chukotka, and Havana, Republic of Cuba).
Main milestones of the company are:
2011 - MSSR M10S obtained the CAA certificate and entered the market.
2009 - Group's headquarters moved from Russia to Finland.
2009 - MSSR and ADS-B development are started.
2009-2010 - Supply of 2 PSRs for Kazakhstan.
2009 - Supply of 2 PSRs for Lithuania.
2008 - Establishing of NRPL Group with branches in the Czech Republic and in Finland.
2008 - Supply of 4 PSRs for Kazakhstan.
2007-2008 - PSR installation in Vilnius.
2007 - PSR certified by the CAA of the Czech Republic.
2006 - The second PSR delivered to Vnukovo airport, Moscow.
2005 - Type certificate No 391 is issued by Interstate Aviation Committee.
2005 - The pilot sample of PSR passed certification tests.
2005 - NRPL Group participates in ATC Maastricht event for the first time.
2005 - PSR is installed in airport of Saint-Petersburg.
2004 - The manufacturing of the first Solid-state S-band PSR is completed.
2004 - The development of PSR is successfully completed.
2004 - The first milling machine is installed and the first S-band solid state power amplifier case is manufactured.
2004 - Overhaul of the factory building is completed.
2003 - A building for administrative purposes is purchased.
2002 - PSR development is started.
2002 - Factory building renovation is started.
2002 - Northern Radio Plant, LLC is founded.
1992 - PRIOR, JSC is founded.